Jinx

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Burnout

I have some serious WoW burnout. I haven't played in a couple of weeks.  I love Cataclysm, I'm level 83 now, and the new content is cool.  I'm working on guild achievements and rep, and striving toward my goblin trike.  But every evening, I sit down to game and think "Meh."  I just don't feel like it.

Part of the reason may be my new addiction to Plants vs. Zombies, which, funny enough, is a direct result of the PvZ quest in WoW.  I've beat it twice on my iPhone and three times on my computer.  I have a Zen garden that produces thousands of (virtual) dollars a day.  I LOVE THIS GAME.  So I play it instead of WoW.

I think my husband is going to cancel my WoW subscription if I don't play soon.  I want to play, in a way, but it's too much mental work.  I just want to veg out on front of a (fairly) mindless game.  I don't want to THINK.  =P

Hopefully I'll get the WoW bug back soon.  I really do miss it.  Any advice for curing game burnout?

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying the new content, and lurve my worgen shadow priest. I hit that meh when all I was doing was grinding the Tournament dailies. Now that my nelf is gaining levels again and actually is challenged, and new lore, and oh my! :) I have the opposite problem - I have to stop saying "It's just one more quest, it won't take long" and not sleeping...

    Maybe just start off doing some mindless grinding on archaeology, or the fishing and cooking dailies or your professions to get the not-thinking part, and then maybe it'll take hold? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete